Antaris is delighted to announce that we have recently won a tender for the Department of Transport, Tourism and Sport for the provision of Health & Safety risk assessments. The assessments will be carried out at sites across the country including a number in the Dublin region.
The purpose of the risk assessment is to develop an up-to-date identification and classification of hazards and related risks that would form the basis of an update of the organisation’s Safety Statement that has been developed by the Department itself.
The assessment is being undertaken in order to enable the Department of Transport, Tourism & Sport to meet its:
- Health and Safety legal requirements
- Implement effective safety controls
- Determine current level of protection of the workforce and other people involved
- Implement effective risk management and prevent unnecessary costs related to potential absences or injuries
The report will also highlight non-compliance with current applicable Health and Safety legislation
Antaris has extensive expertise and experience in carrying out various Health and Safety projects, including conducting numerous risk assessments, throughout Ireland in both the public and private sector. Antaris has extensive experience in the following areas for Health and Safety:
- Conduct/review of risk assessments based on the applicable legislation and requirements of standards
- Health and Safety auditing
- Developing and drafting of all relevant documentation, including Safety Statements, Health and Safety Plans, procedures and reports
- Site Inspections
- Provision of gap analysis of management systems to the requirements of international standards
- Planning and Implementation of OHS Management Systems, including implementation of OHSAS 18001
- Preparation, maintenance and update of registers of Health & Safety legislation
- Development and delivery of Health and Safety training programmes
- On-going compliance support and evaluation.
Antaris is certified to:
- ISO 9001: 2008 – International Quality Management System Standard
- ISO 14001: 2004 – International Environmental Management System Standard
- OHSAS 18001: 2007 – International Health & Safety Management System Standard
- ISO 27001: 2005 – Information Security Management System Standard
- Antaris is also in the process of implementing ISO 50001, the energy management standard
The overall project will be managed by Nick Smyth, who will have responsibility for liaising with the Department of Transport, Tourism and Sport to ensure the successful completion of this project. He will be assisted in this project by our experienced consultants that will provide technical assistance throughout the project along with supporting the Manager and Client to ensure the project is completed on time and to a high standard.